I'm David Calculli.
I am a web and mobile application developer,
My passion is understanding people and creating engaging outcomes.
Since about 2005, I've worked with some amazing people. Together, we've built award-winning projects (such as The Legendary Pacific Coast) that nurture people's innate sense of curiosity, the simple joy of having websites and applications that understand you and that enable business to succeed.
I've also been a leading part of empowering people in their democratic representation, connecting voters with their representatives through the MyElectorate projects. It is exciting to be part of the journey with people who effect real change in their local councils, in their states and countries.
Lately, I've been working with a fantastic organisation who is the leader in connecting government and providing enterprise content management (ECM) to public sector organisations. I am passionate about providing solutions for people who serve others and I think the public sector is the ultimate in serving the needs of communities and people. My solutions form part of strategic initiatives in New Zealand across local and central government agencies.
"What do you do for a hobby?"
I love what I do; my 9-to-5 is as much my hobby as it is my professional practice.
Although, I'm a self-confessed geek. I love gadgets, games and graphics. I do enjoy building websites just for fun. I do the graphic design, the front-end code, the back-end code and the overall usability and accessibility.
I'm also learning about photography, because I want to be able to take (really good) photos of the awesome things that I see around the place and show them.
What do you do for fun? Let me know! Maybe we share something in common.
- @UrzilaCarlson @geraldinequinn thanks for letting us know! Looking forward to it!
- RT @twentworth12: t.co/6X9wwpX56M is moving from a proprietary CMS to Drupal. Selected Drupal over @adobewem and @sdltridion …
- @nebev Oops!! Awkward! I guess that just proves the importance of turning off all notifications if you're doing a live demo of software.
- @nebev it's when kids play that awful thing they call music, far too loud, while dancing and tearing up your perfectly tended lawn.Amiright?
- Thank you @FlyAirNZ for a great flight from Wellington into Sydney this morning! t.co/g6SfH4TCSt